Join Cory Lebson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Planning a Career in User Experience.
- We've covered a number of topics…about user experience careers,…and you probably want to know…where you can go from here.…You can find a number of UX-related courses…simply by searching for user experience…or the specific career pathways we've covered.…You can also check out my UX Careers Handbook,…which goes in depth on these topics…and a variety of others.…And head over to my website, UXCareersHandbook.com…where you'll find links to a variety…of other online and offline resources to learn more…about specific aspects of the field.…
In this course, UX expert Cory Lebson breaks down the sub-disciplines of user experience (the trifecta of design, research, and strategy), so you can learn about the different jobs that align with your strengths and passions. Cory helps you understand job responsibilities as well as the benefits of working full-time for a company vs. consulting or freelancing. With his guidance, you can create a more compelling resume and portfolio package and make sure that you properly brand yourself as a UX professional.
This course offers focused career advice for job seekers, tips for recruiters and employers who want to better understand UX, and a necessary framework for grad/undergrad students exploring the next step in their career. Along the way, Cory highlights training in the library to build specific UX skills.
- What is UX?
- Should you be a UX generalist or a specialist?
- Available UX career types: design, research, and strategy
- Working in-house, consulting, or freelancing
- Telling a story with a portfolio and resume
- Working with recruiters