This video introduces the most frequently used UX research methodologies, including usability tests, interviews, card sorts, eye tracking, multivariate tests, desirability studies, expert/heuristic reviews, surveys, personas, and participatory design workshops.
- There are many, many methodologies…that a UX researcher may employ.…Before we talk about when and how to undertake research,…I'd like to give you a quick rundown…of the various research methods.…While this is by no means an exhaustive list,…here's an overview of the most common types of approaches.…You might use any combination…of these UX research methods…to achieve a variety of business goals.…In the rest of this chapter,…I'll introduce each method and provide…brief examples to expose you…to the various types of research.…I'll also provide additional resources…and commonly used tools.…
Lastly, I've provided this same list…in exercise files if you want to revisit…during your own research.…
This course introduces the fundamentals of user experience research so that anyone can understand the benefits and start integrating research into their everyday design and development process. Start watching to learn how to use UX research to find the answers to the most basic questions about your customers—who, what, when, why, and how—and drive better user experiences and business outcomes.
- An overview of research methods, including usability testing, interviewing, eye tracking, surveys, and many more
- A review of the main types of research, including quantitative and qualitative, behavioral and attitudinal, and moderated vs. unmoderated
- Determining the right methodologies based on organizational environment, client type, and project stage
- Targeting the right research participants
- Crafting the right questions in the right way
- Analyzing and presenting your data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Research Overview
2. Types of Research
3. Environmental Considerations
4. Choosing the Proper Research Methodology
5. Analyzing and Presenting Your Findings
Analyzing your data6m 37s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.