Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the creative process, part of User Experience Insights with Chris Nodder.
- Stakeholders can get quite emotional…during the design process, there's a really simple way…of dealing with that, or actually with emotion from anybody,…not to say that emotion's bad, but,…one thing we're really trying to do when we're working…through any kind of design process is to speak from data…not from opinion, and as long as everybody on the team…is aware of that, then as soon as one person…starts trying to get their pet features involved,…it's very easy for everybody else on the team…to just ask "Well, where's the data to support that?"…If it's there, that's great, and we'll start incorporating…that into the rest of the design process.…
If there is no data to support it, it's pretty easy…for that individual to realize that maybe…their pet thing isn't necessarily the same thing…as what their users need.…So, yeah, always speaking form data rather than opinion.…
- Getting an organization started with user-centered design
- Substantiating the benefits of UX
- Helping systemizers on your team empathize with users
- How UX work today compares to the past
- Being a generalist vs. being a specialist
- Where is UX headed in the future?