Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video How different is the UX work of small teams compared to big teams?, part of User Experience Insights with Chris Nodder.
- View Offline
- I often hear people telling me,…"I'm on a small team.…"We don't have the resources to do all the things…"that the people on big UX teams get to do."…Well, I hate to put it to you this way, but hard luck.…Yes, you may not have those resources,…but on the other hand, think about those people…on the big team.…Is it that there's a big team of user experienced people…supporting the same size development team that you are,…or is it that they're actually spread just as thin…as you across a much broader department or organization?…And the answer is almost always the latter.…
There's never enough UX people to go around.…Well, as far as UX people are concerned, anyway.…Everybody feels the same way,…so to the people who are in that small organization…thinking, "I'm running around like a headless chicken.…"I don't know whether I'm coming or going.…"I'm not really sure if I'm even having the impact,"…guess what?…When I go into large organizations with a larger group…of user experienced people, they're saying…exactly the same thing.…
- Getting an organization started with user-centered design
- Substantiating the benefits of UX
- Helping systemizers on your team empathize with users
- How UX work today compares to the past
- Being a generalist vs. being a specialist
- Where is UX headed in the future?