Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video How can a UX team of one implement a broader UX methodology?, part of User Experience Insights with Chris Nodder.
- So I hear a lot from people who say,…"I'm on a team of one and I'm only a contractor,…"and they're asking me to do all this user experience work…"and I don't really know how to get started."…My answer is always you're never a team of one.…You've joined a team of people…who are trying to develop a piece of software,…so you're part of that team.…And if you walk into that team confident enough…to say I'm gonna co-opt you to help me do my work,…they'll just accept it as that's the way that UX gets done.…
I mean, how do they know any better, right?…So always go in with the intention…of getting other people involved…in ideation sessions, in prototyping, in the design.…There's no reason why you can't sit down…and pair with a developer or sit down and pair with somebody…in any of the disciplines.…By pairing I mean just sitting with 'em…and working together,…probably using the same keyboard, the same mouse,…just to get things done as the pair of you…working as a team.…
There you've already doubled your team size from one to two.…
- Getting an organization started with user-centered design
- Substantiating the benefits of UX
- Helping systemizers on your team empathize with users
- How UX work today compares to the past
- Being a generalist vs. being a specialist
- Where is UX headed in the future?