This video discusses the importance of determining the right participants to include in your user experience research and ensuring that your participants represent your real or target users.
- In order to make sure you get the most…out of your research, you have to have the right…kinds and number of participants.…Most importantly, the participants you include…in your research must be a representative sample…of your real or target users.…If you are in the beginning stages of defining…your target user and don't have validated personas,…you can create what are called proto-personas.…Proto-personas are essentially descriptions of assumptions…that you can use as hypotheses in your research.…You then craft your research around validating…those assumptions and uncovering any other insights…about your potential users.…
If you already have personas created to describe…the different user types, you'll need to find…representatives of each of the different groups…for your research.…For instance, let's revisit the example of working on…an expense tracking application for businesses.…When you work on pieces of the app that will be used…by one persona group, such as the review…and approval system for managers,…
This course introduces the fundamentals of user experience research so that anyone can understand the benefits and start integrating research into their everyday design and development process. Start watching to learn how to use UX research to find the answers to the most basic questions about your customers—who, what, when, why, and how—and drive better user experiences and business outcomes.
- An overview of research methods, including usability testing, interviewing, eye tracking, surveys, and many more
- A review of the main types of research, including quantitative and qualitative, behavioral and attitudinal, and moderated vs. unmoderated
- Determining the right methodologies based on organizational environment, client type, and project stage
- Targeting the right research participants
- Crafting the right questions in the right way
- Analyzing and presenting your data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Research Overview
2. Types of Research
3. Environmental Considerations
4. Choosing the Proper Research Methodology
5. Analyzing and Presenting Your Findings
Analyzing your data6m 37s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.