Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Unreal: Substance Designer Workflow.
- [Instructor] The purpose of this course is to show the workflow between Substance Designer and Unreal, so we're going to learn how to make materials in Substance Designer, export them to Substance Archives, and then use them efficiently in Unreal. We're going to expect a certain amount of fluidity and comfort in moving around these two programs. If you need a refresher, there's a Substance Designer essential training course as well as an Unreal essential training course that you can review and go over just to get your head wrapped around the larger paradigms of these programs. Now we're going to get into actually working with some materials in Substance Designer.
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.