Learn how to preview a material in Substance Designer.
- [Narrator] Now that we've baked out some various maps,…and you know, we have some other assets…that we can use to make our material,…now we're going to start seeing how we…can actually visualize this stuff…on our model and substance.…So, let's open up our resources folder here,…and I'm going to double-click on altar_01…to get our model in our viewport.…First thing we're going to do is…the most basic way to view stuff,…I just want to wire in our various maps,…into our base color output channel,…just so we can see them applied to our model…to double check everything.…So, we have our default outputs here,…that got created when we automatically created our graph,…and I'm going to scroll in the to the top one here…that's the base color.…
I'm going to drag my ambient occlusion over,…I'm going to wire that in.…Let's double click on base color,…and there you go.…So, what we want to so is…we want to have this apply to the model,…so I'm going to right click on this,…I'm going to say view in 3D view,…and you can see we have a number of different channels here,…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.