- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Scott] Hi, I'm Scott Pagano, and welcome to Unreal: Substance Designer Workflow. What we're going to be focusing on in this course is really the integration of Substance in Unreal and learning how we can prepare Substance networks properly to make archives that we can then bring into Unreal for texturing objects. This is a really fantastic modern workflow and brings together two of the most cutting edge tools that we have for doing real-time visualization projects. So what we're going to do first is we're going to do some overview stuff in Substance.
We're going to assume a certain amount of familiarity with it, but we're going to show you how to bake out certain maps and we're going to have some pieces of networks built, but then we're going to kind of finish them out together, and then the primary thing will be showing you what sort of tweaks we need to do to our networks so they will work properly when we export them as Substance archives. Then we're going to go over to Unreal, where we're going to bring those archives in, we're going to have some geometry already prebuilt for you that we were using to bake out maps from in Substance. We're going to bring those archives into Unreal, we're going to show you how we can apply them, we're going to show you you can tweak the actual Substance networks within Unreal, and then how we can modify the materials that get automatically created with the Substance plugin in Unreal to do some other customization and special things within Unreal.
All right, so let's get started.