Learn material, lighting, and optimization techniques that can help you efficiently build compelling experiences with Unreal Engine.
- [Simon] Building compelling experiences with Unreal Engine can be both incredibly rewarding and extremely frustrating. With so many parameters and settings, it's hard to know where to look when you need a solution. But when it all comes together, an interactive experience can open doors and more importantly, minds. I'm Simon Manning, co-founder and creative director of Bevel. In successfully helping builders visually communicate their designs is my life's work. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course on Unreal Arch Viz Techniques, where we'll dig into materials, lighting, and optimization techniques that will take your project from CAD to rad. We'll look at improving glass and mirrors, reducing poly counts and draw calls, and even how to regenerate our own light maps, all from within Unreal. This course is a must watch for any Viz professional looking at the engine for real-time rendering.
- Migrating material packages
- Batch replacing of materials
- Static vs. dynamic lighting
- Lightmap analysis, correction, and padding
- Shader analysis and correction
- Draw call optimization
- Improving reflections