Learn how to install the Substance plugin for Unreal.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got…our Substance material built…and our Substance archive exported and prepared,…now it's time to move over to Unreal land…and the first thing we need to do…is we need to go into our Epic games launcher…where we are going to download…the Substance plugin for Unreal.…So here we are in the launcher,…and you can see that we are using version 4.18,…which is the latest version as of today.…So I'm going to go over to the marketplace here,…and we're going to search for Substance.…
A number of different things come up,…and the thing that we want is…the actual Substance plugin itself…from Allegorithmic,…so I'll double click on that.…And you can see, we've downloaded this already.…So you'll want to do that if you don't have it yet.…And then the next thing once it's downloaded…is that you'll want to install it to the Unreal Engine.…So I'll hit install to Engine.…You can see there's a dropdown menu…to choose which version we're installing it to.…We just have 4.18, so we'll hit install.…Okay, so now the plugin is installed,…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.