Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Substance material 2, part of Unreal: Substance Designer Workflow.
- [Instructor] Now that we have the substance archive…for our alter imported and setup on our object,…what we're going to do is import the rest of the substance…archives and apply them to the different objects.…Let's go to our content browser,…let's go to our substance folder,…open that up, make a new folder,…and I'm going to call this floor_01.…I'm going to hit import, I'm going to grab…the floor substance archive, and again we can leave…all this stuff at its default.…Hit import and there we go.…I'm going to open up the substance graph input here.…
You can see that there aren't custom parameters…on this, but what we can do is change the output size.…Let's do four k, once again.…Close this and I'm going to select the floor object…in the view port and go to floor mat.…Alrighty and you can see that now…we've got our material on our floor.…Let's keep moving down the line here.…I'm going to make a new folder called platform_01.…Open that up, hit import, and grab the platform.…Same thing, all these defaults are fine, hit import.…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.