Get an overview of stone material in Substance Designer.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to take a look…at this stone material for the main body of the altar.…As you can see, we started to build out…this graph for you here.…And mainly it's just a bunch of noises and different things…that have the maps pumped into them to change things…over different parts of the model.…And those are all fed in to that same base material node.…This was the same node that we had laid down before.…Obviously, before, there weren't inputs…on the left side of it.…But what we've done, if we double click on base material,…you can see there's a user-defined maps area.…
We can turn those on so we can use the great macro…that is the base material node.…But then feed in some of our own custom things.…And again, we can just right-click…and drag it on our object.…And there we go, which will assign it.…So let's actually go double click on our altar…so we're not looking at the strange material on this cube.…And there we go.…So now we can start to see our stone material…across our altar.…So there's a few things that we're going to show you to here.…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.