Learn how to export a model from Revit to Unreal.
- [Presenter] Now here we are in our…Ch_01_03_Start Revit file…looking at our standard office building model,…and what I want to talk to you about now…is how we get models from environments like Revit…into Unreal as cleanly as possible,…'cause there's a number of different ways…we could go about doing this…and there's a lot of ways to get the information over,…but we want to get the information over…in the smartest, cleanest, most efficient way possible.…And so I'm going to show you…a few different ways we can do this,…starting with the way that is kind of easy…but isn't going to give us the best possible results in Unreal,…and then we're going to use a few different pieces of software…together to end up with an incredibly nice, clean,…optimized version of this.…
Because there's just certain things in different 3D software…that are handled differently, and if we can finesse this…to work as efficiently in real time as possible,…that's going to make our fly-through or VR project…or whatever we're doing really great.…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.