Learn how to prepare your Substance for export by adjusting resolution settings.
- [Instructor] There are some resolution considerations…to think about when we're preparing a substance graph…for Unreal Engine.…So what we're going to do, is we want to build…this in a way so the resolution is adaptable.…So in Unreal we can say we want the output to be 1K,…or 2k, or 4K, and so on and so forth,…and that's another great flexibility of this system…is not having it always just output one fixed resolution.…You might do that if you are in here,…and you are outputting textures for an offline purpose,…or if you did want to bake textures out…for use in Unreal, but it's great we're building a…substance archive, and we can control that resolution…in the engine.…
So let's just double click on our graph here.…This is Alter 01, and let's go to the upper right corner,…and when we had created this originally,…we had created it as absolute 2K resolution,…but what I want to do now is I want to go under…this little drop down menu and change it…from this absolute setting to relative to parent.…You can see that that will zero out…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.