Learn how to import an FBX model into Unreal.
- [Instructor] Now that we've exported…our FBX out of 3D Studio Max,…what we're going to do is we're going to run this through…a custom geometry processing tool…I've built for you in Houdini.…Chances are Houdini's a new environment for you,…don't worry, it's not going to be too scary,…and I've built everything that we need to have built,…to optimize a model coming out of 3D Studio Max…with the attributes it has,…into something that's going to work…really well for us in Unreal.…And what this is doing, it's solving two problems.…
Number one, it's grouping everything together…based on what kind of object it is…and what kind of material it is,…and it's also automatically re-laying out all of our Uvs…in one tile together.…So this is really fantastic,…because often let's say you've got,…say someone was modeling something in Revit,…they gave it to someone in 3D Studio Max…who exported it the way we need it.…Often, we might be in a scenario…that was constantly getting updated and changed and revised,…and the idea of having to for example,…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.