Learn how to import an .sbar file into Unreal.
- [Instructor] Now we're just going to take a look quickly…at the traditional material building process in Unreal…and many of you may be very, very familiar with this…but I just wanted to include it…just so we have an example of you know,…using substance in multiple ways.…Clearly we've looked at the awesomeness…of being able to integrate the substance archive…into Unreal to generate all these textures,…give it a change parameters and be able to have all this…awesome automated texture and material linking going on.…And now we're just going to import the textures…that we had imported previously from Substance Designer.…So I'm going to go to my Content folder,…I'm going to go in to my Texture folder,…I'll make a new folder called ALTAR_01,…open that up and I'll hit Import.…
And now we're going to go to our Ch 03 folder…and we're going to go to our Substance folder, Export,…and here are the five PNGs that we had exported previously.…So I'll open those up.…Unreal will import them, going to give us a little notice…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.