Learn how to install the Substance plug-in in Unreal.
- [Instructor] So now we have a project for you here…where we've imported the office building…that we prepped in Chapter One,…and we just did sort of a default checker UV pattern on this…and what we want to do is we want to now import…our first substance file into Unreal,…show you what that process is like,…and then how we can both assign that substance, then,…to an object, and then tweak that…based on sort of the UV tiling scale.…Right, so here I have a little folder structure…that I made for you here,…and we're going to go into the 05_SUB folder,…and I'm going to make a sub folder within this first…for our substance, because quite a number of files…are going to get generated, and so what we want to do…is we want to have a sub folder for each…of the substances we import.…
There's a bunch of different ways…you could choose to organize this.…I like doing it this way so I don't get a massive folder…full of all these different things.…So I'm going to call this BRICK.…The first thing we're going to do is…we're going to import a substance archive…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.