Learn how to import a model with textures and materials into Unreal.
- [Instructor] So now we're back in Unreal,…and what we're going to do…is we're going to import the FBX…we just exported from Maya…that had a material assignment,…and we're going to try and transfer that back over into Unreal.…So I'm going to go into my Geofolder here.…I'm going to go import, I am going to go to my desktop,…exercise files, chapter 2, Maya, FBX folder,…and this is that chapter 02_02_Start file…we just exported.…I'm going to bring that in.…Okay, so we've got our usual things here.…I want to make sure combine meshes for importing normals,…and I definitely want to this time go down to the bottom…and make sure import materials and textures…is on and say import.…
All right, let me close this out,…and now you can see we have three things that got imported.…We have this chapter 02_02_Start FBX file that we exported,…and then we also have that ALTER_MAT_01,…which is the same name that our Lambert was named in Maya,…as well as our ALTAR_01_basecolor texture…that was connected to that.…So now, let me just drag this mesh into the scene here,…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.