Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Export model with materials from Maya, part of Unreal: Content Pipeline.
- [Instructor] Now here we have our altar model in Maya,…with a basic Lambert material applied with its…base color texture map assigned to that Lambert.…What I want to show you here is how we can export…an fbx file from Maya that has a material on it and then…bring that into Unreal and retain that material assignment.…So what we're going to do is I'm just going to select…this altar_shaded_01, now if I actually just click…on one of the pieces of geometry in the scene,…you can see that we have the altar_mat_01.…Again, incredibly basic, we just have a simple Lambert.…
I click on my file node here. we just have…our altar_01 base color assigned to that.…Okay, so I'm going to grab the altar_shader_01…in the outliner and then go to file, game exporter.…We're going to export selection.…We can leave all this stuff pretty much as it is.…I'm actually going to uncheck embed media because…we don't actually want to embed the texture in the fbx file,…we can still have a reference to it on disc.…So we're going to make the up axis Z and we…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.