Learn how to refine a Substance-based material in Unreal.
- [Instructor] Now, to wrap up our chapter on texturing…and materials in Unreal,…here we have our office building model…with full textures applied to the whole thing.…In the previous video,…we had brought in the one brick substance…and we tweaked the UV tiling of that material…and now I've brought in 16 more different substances…to handle the different parts of the object,…as well as a glass material that was made in Unreal itself.…And so if we got to our subfolder here,…you can see that we've got these 17 different folders,…just basic architectural materials…and if I go,…let me just scroll into my model here,…you can see that we have wood and stucco…and concrete and marble and metal…and all these different things…that are now comprising this model…and even if I scroll in,…you can see in the conference room,…we have fabric on the chairs…and chrome and everything like that…and the great thing about this…is that because this model was broken up…into these material groups…and then we had prepared it really specially,…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.