Join Scott Pagano for an in-depth discussion in this video Enable Substance plugin in Unreal, part of Unreal: Content Pipeline.
- [Instructor] Now that we've downloaded and installed…the Substance plugin for Unreal Engine,…now we need to enable it.…In our just empty default project here,…I'm going to go to Edit > Plugins,…and you can see that under this Installed area here…we've got our two plugins,…we have the Houdini Engine plugin installed,…and now, we've also added the Substance plugin,…and it is in there, but it is not enabled,…so we need to enable it.…Then you can see the Editor must be restarted…for the plugin changes to take effect, so say Restart Now.…This is just one of those finicky little steps, you'd think,…oh, I've installed it, so it's there,…but you have to do this enable step as well for the Editor.…
OK, great, so now the Substance plugin is installed.…What we're going to do now,…now that we have it installed there,…is I'm going to go under Edit > Project Settings.…If we scroll down to the bottom here,…you can see now under Plugins,…we have a Substance, a little tab here.…Now I have settings for the Substance plugin.…There's a few things we want to take a look at.…
- Working with geometry
- Importing processed files into Unreal
- Using the Skeletal Mesh Editor
- Creating a material with textures
- Refining Substance material
- Assembling your scene in Unreal
- Working with cameras
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Textures and Materials
3. Geometry Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.