Learn how to create a material with emission in Unreal.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to take a look…at one other way we can customize materials…coming in from our Substance Designer archives.…So as you can see on these room module pieces,…there are these little red areas,…these little cylinders on our little columns here.…And the intention is that these are going to be lights…that emit some sort of light and glow into the scene.…And so what we've done is we've created an emission texture…in this Substance archive for these…and I'm going to show you how we're going to tweak…their materials so this is going to do…what we visually want it to do.…
So I'm going to go into our Substance folder here…and go into room module and open up…the room module 01 material.…It's already docked up there, excellent.…Actually going to pull this off that docked area…for a second, open this up, go back to my content,…geometry, room module and then hit…the little teapot here so that we get the actual…right geometry and I'll re-dock this up.…Okay, we're looking at the proper geometry in our material.…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.