Learn how to import geometry in Unreal.
- [Narrator] Now that we have…our substance plug-in installed,…and we've looked at the settings…we can set to adjust how it works within Unreal,…now in this video, we're going to import the geometry…we've built into our scene,…so we can build out our cool environment,…so that then next we can bring in our substance archives,…and have some cool stuff to apply the materials to.…So, let's open up our GEO folder,…and I'm going to hit import,…and I'm going to go to the desktop,…exercise files, chapter three, geometry.…
And you can see that we've got five FBX files in there.…The first one is the altar,…which is the same one we were using…within Substance Designer to create the materials,…and then I have a few other objects…I've made for you to flesh out an environment.…And besides the substance archive…that we created together for the altar object,…I have other archives that we have…for the rest of the objects,…so we'll have full texturing on everything.…All right, so I am just going to shift click,…and select these guys, hit open.…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.