Learn how to bake mesh data in Substance Designer.
- [Narrator] So now we're in our chapter 01,…02 start substance file.…And what we're going to do now,…is I'm going to go to my resources folder, open up the altar.…Okay, so now we have our model,…that we saw in the last video.…And what we want to do we want to start baking out…mesh specific data from this,…to be able to have our material…influenced by the actual shape of the model.…So, what we're going to do, is right-click where it says…altar one and I'm going to select this last item here,…which is bake model information.…And this is a big part of getting your model…and your substance prepared to really make…some great materials.…
Because it's one thing just to be able to use all…the awesome proceduralness of substance…to create interesting looking surfaces.…But having those actually adapt to the form…of what your importing is where a lot of the real magic…can happen in this environment.…So I'm just going to give you an overview…of this baking window here.…So in the upper left corner, you can see it says,…select elements to bake.…
- Creating a substance graph
- Stone, gold, and copper material
- Combining materials using an ID mask
- Exposing parameters and preparing resolution
- Exporting Substance materials
- Building a scene
- Substance with displacement
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Create Substance Graph
2. Substance Export
3. Using Substance in Unreal
4. Substance with Displacement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.