Learn the essentials of creating great games, cinematics, and animations with Unreal Engine 4.
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Craig Barr and welcome to Unreal Essential Training. Unreal Engine is an incredibly powerful and diverse suite of game development tools that is used for triple A games as well as indie games, virtual reality creation, visualization, and even animated short films. Unreal Engine provides a very robust and deep environment to build your game. In this course, we're going to learn about creating a project, building an environment, creating and importing objects, working with materials and lighting, and how we can use special effects to bring life to our scene.
We'll also look at how to create a game cinematic and how to package your game for distribution. This course will provide a complete overview of Unreal Engine 4 to help you with your game project. Now, let's get started with Unreal Essential Training.
- Customizing the Unreal UI
- Creating a new project
- Creating landscapes
- Blocking out levels
- Assembling a scene
- Working with materials and lights
- Adding post-processing effects
- Defining bodies of water
- Adding atmospherics, foliage, and wind
- Working with the Blueprint editor
- Creating cinematics
- Monitoring performance
- Packaging a game for distribution
Skill Level Beginner
Q: I can't open the exercise files. What's this .7Z extension?
1. Understanding the Unreal 4 Interface (UI)
2. Starting a New Project
3. Level Design: Creating Base Landscapes
4. Level Design: Blocking
5. Level Assembly
Assembling the scene9m 5s
6. Look Development: Materials
7. Look Development: Lighting
8. Post-Process Effects
9. Look Development: Water
10. Look Development: Effects
11. Blueprints: Visual Scripting in Unreal Engine 4
12. Matinee: Creating Cinematics
13. Performance Monitoring
14. Packaging Your Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.