Scott guides you through building a rigid body dynamic system in CINEMA 4D. Learn how to create a dynamic simulation of objects falling on our scene to then export it as an alembic file.
- [Instructor] Starting with Unreal 4.13, we now have…the ability to easily import Alembic files into Unreal,…and this is fantastic because it opens up the doors…to be able to bring any number of animated things…into Unreal that don't require a blend shape,…or a Rig based system.…So we're going to set up a simple dynamic system…in Cinema 4D, drop some objects on our main structure here,…export that as an Alembic, and bring that…into our Unreal scene to see all of these different kinds…of animation techniques working in concert with each other.…
Here's the base geometry of the scene…that we've been working with in Unreal.…Now actually what we're going to do here,…I've got some objects, these fall objects 01 group here,…so I'm going to click on that, and I'm going to turn…visible and editor on.…Let's go out, and we can see we've got…some objects here, some simple Platonic solids…that we're going to drop on our scene.…Also, I have a collision geo piece of geometry in the scene…because often when we're doing dynamic simulations,…
- Animating with blendshapes in Maya and C4D
- Animating with rigged geometry in Maya and C4D
- Exporting FBX files from Maya and C4D
- Importing FBX files into UE4
- Building basic dynamics setups in Maya and C4D
- Exporting Alembic files from Maya and C4D
- Importing Alembic files into UE4
- Creating basic camera animation using the Sequencer in UE4
Skill Level Advanced
Unreal Engine 4: Realtime Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 33m Intermediate
1. Blend Shapes
Movie export options4m 42s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.