When importing an FBX file into Unreal Editor there are a large number of options in the FBX Import window. Scott takes you through the various parameters and options set properly when importing animated blend shape geometry into Unreal Editor.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to import…the FBX file we exported from Maya into Unreal Engine.…So we're in our Chapter 01_07_Start Unreal Engine project,…and in our content browser, let's go into the map folder,…and let's open this start map that we've created.…All right, so this is our base scene…that we're going to be working in,…and what we want to do now is go back to our content,…go into our geometry folder and click on import.…All right, you can see in our desktop,…exercise files, Chapter 01,…Let's go to our Maya folder, FBX, and we have…this FLOWER_BLEND_01.FBX.…
All right, so we get an FBX import options window…that opens up with quite a number of options.…Let's go through these.…First, we want skeletal mesh to be on.…Anytime we're importing anything with animation,…that needs to be on.…We want preserve smoothing groups to be open.…Let me open this a little bit up…so we can see things better.…Import meshes and bone hierarchy, we can leave that on,…and we want to make sure import morph targets is on.…We've been talking about blend shapes.…
- Animating with blendshapes in Maya and C4D
- Animating with rigged geometry in Maya and C4D
- Exporting FBX files from Maya and C4D
- Importing FBX files into UE4
- Building basic dynamics setups in Maya and C4D
- Exporting Alembic files from Maya and C4D
- Importing Alembic files into UE4
- Creating basic camera animation using the Sequencer in UE4
Skill Level Advanced
Unreal Engine 4: Realtime Motion Graphicswith Scott Pagano4h 33m Intermediate
1. Blend Shapes
Movie export options4m 42s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.