Join Craig Barr for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Unreal Essential Training.
- Thank you for watching Unreal Engine 4 Essential Training. As you can see we've built up a project, built our landscape, we've utilized the effects within Unreal Engine 4, and we've taken a really nice look at the material editor as well as how to assemble a scene that works visually nice, but also for our overall storytelling. We've taken a look at how to utilize Matinee within Unreal Engine 4 to create this beautiful cinematic. And what I'm running here in the background is our finished product, our packaged up game for distribution, which is this nice beach lighthouse project that, again I want to mention, was put together by Everett Gunther.
And we can see that we have Everett's website here. Please go to everettgunther.com and take a look at his amazing work. You can see more about this project on here, some really nice still imagery. He also has some behind-the-scenes in building some of his specific assets. So please, if you get a moment, take a look at his project. And as I've shown on one of the videos here the finished video that he's put together really nicely right out of Unreal Engine 4, utilizing some music. So please take a look at that when you get a moment, and check out more of his work.
He's done some excellent work here specifically within Unreal Engine 4. And one again, my name is Craig Barr. If you want more information on me you can follow me on Twitter. My Twitter handle is @the_mudroom. Craig Barr, and you can take a look at things related to content creation, sculpting, modeling, effects, virtual reality, things related to game creation utilizing Unreal Engine 4 as well. You could also check me out on Instagram at polymorphic3d, and you can follow some more content creation and other things going on out there in the world of game creation as well as virtual reality, and just overall CG and 3D work.
And, of course, I have a YouTube channel which gets into modelling specifics as well as some 3D printing work as well. So thanks for watching Unreal Engine 4 Essential Training, and please come back and check for more as we add to Unreal Engine 4 training courses.
- Customizing the Unreal UI
- Creating a new project
- Creating landscapes
- Blocking out levels
- Assembling a scene
- Working with materials and lights
- Adding post-processing effects
- Defining bodies of water
- Adding atmospherics, foliage, and wind
- Working with the Blueprint editor
- Creating cinematics
- Monitoring performance
- Packaging a game for distribution
Skill Level Beginner
Q: I can't open the exercise files. What's this .7Z extension?
1. Understanding the Unreal 4 Interface (UI)
2. Starting a New Project
3. Level Design: Creating Base Landscapes
4. Level Design: Blocking
5. Level Assembly
Assembling the scene9m 5s
6. Look Development: Materials
7. Look Development: Lighting
8. Post-Process Effects
9. Look Development: Water
10. Look Development: Effects
11. Blueprints: Visual Scripting in Unreal Engine 4
12. Matinee: Creating Cinematics
13. Performance Monitoring
14. Packaging Your Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.