Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video The input field, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now it's time for us to add the input field…to our keyboard window.…In order to do this, we're gonna wanna make…a new empty game object, inside of the keyboard group.…We're gonna call this title group.…Here, we're gonna use a little trick in order…to align a title inside of this game object…and offset it on its left and right sides.…By putting our title inside of a title group,…it'll allow us to also add icons…or additional text later on down the line.…
For right now, let's just focus…on adding a single text field.…We're gonna wanna add a layout element…to the title group, and we're gonna set…the preferred height to 20.…Next, let's go into our Prefabs folder,…and drag the title into the title group.…Now let's set the title to stretch to fill the area.…We'll open up the anchor presets,…and holding down option or alt on a PC,…we'll set it to expand to the full size of its container.…
Then, we'll set the left value to 50,…and the right value to 50, which will go ahead…and center our title within the title group area.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.