Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video To battle, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] The AI wants to attack,…so let's teach it how.…You may have noticed that the AI has not made…any decisions based on information…an actual player would not have.…It can't create a base 100 meters away.…It doesn't know how many units the player has.…I strongly recommend when creating AIs…that you don't cheat,…unless it really helps out the plot line somehow.…In this case, I'm gonna cheat and grab the user's location,…in order to give my units a target.…Time permitting, I would recommend creating…a scout AI that sends out a unit to discover,…and then use that information to formulate where to attack.…
So, to start out with, I wanna clean up…a couple items in here.…First off, I'm gonna go to the pre-fabs,…and select the drone unit.…On the drone unit,…I'm going to add a script.…"RightClickNavigation."…So, "RightClickNavigation"…will be on all drones by default.…Next, I want to make this a little bit more testable.…I'm gonna go into the "Manager" code,…give the enemy AI 1,000.…So, we're gonna be testing a slightly smaller start.…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.