Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video To base or not to base, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] The Ai will need to know…if it should create a base or not.…Starting with the obvious, is there enough money…and does it even have a drone to build a base?…It'll determine if a base is needed.…For instance, if you have no base,…it's pretty important to build one.…If you do have one, do you have enough units…to make another base useful?…So, to get started, I'm going into the Scripts folder…and then the Ai folder.…In the Ai folder, I'm going to right click…and create a new script called CreateBaseAi.…
Now, you may have noticed that all of my support…classes are prefixed with Ai,…and all of the ones that actually represent…intelligence are post-fixed Ai.…I only made this distinction in order to separate…the importance of what type of object it is.…So, now I want to edit the CreateBaseAi.…In the CreateBaseAi, the first thing I'm going to do…is turn it into an Ai Behavior.…Next, I'm going to get rid of Start and Update.…I don't need those but since it is an AiBehavior,…I will need to override the GetWeight and Execute.…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.