Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with serialized properties, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] So now that we've worked a little bit…with serialized objects, let's take a look…at how we can use the serialized object itself…to generate out some of the fields…we will need inside of our editor.…To do this, we're going to open up our…Hello World Editor and start adding…some additional fields to it.…Now underneath where we set our script.target…in the onInspectorGUI, let's make some room…and create a serialized object field.…We'll create a new variable and we're going to call this…sProp, and here we'll talk to the serialized object…and we'll call FindProperty, and we'll pass in…a string called start position.…
Next, we're going to create a gui content…to store the name of the property.…Let's go ahead and create a new variable…called guiContent, and we'll create…a new gui content instance.…Now you may have remembered before,…when we were creating serialized objects from…property fields, we weren't able to add a label.…This is going to fix that problem.…By creating our gui content, we can now pass in…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.