Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with data, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now, let's go ahead and talk about…how we can save and load data from our Custom Editors.…To get started, we're gonna create…a new class inside of our Scripts folder,…and we're gonna call this SaveTest.…Let's open this up in MonoDevelop.…Since this is just gonna be an example class,…let's go ahead and delete the start…and update methods for now, and above the SaveTest class,…we're gonna create a new custom class…for each of the items we wanna save.…
Let's call this public class SaveItem,…and let's add an attribute to our SaveItem…so that we're able to serialize it.…We'll do System.Serializable.…Next, inside of our SaveItem, let's add two public fields.…We'll start with a string and we'll call this name.…Next, we'll do a Vector2 and we'll call this position.…Now, inside of our SaveTest class,…we're gonna wanna way to store…each of the items we wanna save,…so let's go ahead and import a new namespace.…
We'll type out using System.Collections.Generic…so that we can have access to the list, and inside…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.