Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Wire buttons, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have the logic set up…for showing and hiding the continue button,…and fixing the focus within our window.…Now let's talk about calling a method,…when you trigger an action on one of these buttons.…Let's go back into our start window code,…and we're gonna add two new methods.…The first method will be public void,…new game, and inside of it, we'll just simply call…debug log and pass a message,…new game pressed.…Next, let's copy this method, paste it below,…and change this to continue, and also change…the message inside.…
Finally, we'll paste it one more time,…and call this options.…Once we've done this, let's save our class,…and go back into Unity.…Now, there's an easy way for us to connect each…of these buttons to the methods that we just created.…Let's start with the continue button,…by selecting it in the hierarchy view.…We'll scroll down to the button class,…and at the bottom, you'll see there's a panel,…with an on click, and a list of empty actions.…Let's press the plus sign, and here, we're gonna set…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.