Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Scripting Unity with C#.
- For this course, you should be comfortable using the Unity editor and be able to navigate around. If you've never used Unity before, you should first watch the Unity 4.3 Essential Training course. You don't need to have experience scripting in Unity, but you should have some prior experience programming in an object oriented language. If you already have experience with C# specifically, that's even better. This course will mostly be covering programming topics that are specific to Unity, rather than teaching you general programming.
If you need a more general programming course, check out The Foundations of Programming, Object Oriented Design or the C# Essential Training courses.
- Defining classes and variables
- Attaching scripts to objects
- Understanding MonoBehaviour class
- Using the Unity Scripting API
- Importing assets
- Using a singleton pattern to manage game state
- Creating an event
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Unity 3D Game Programmingwith Michael House3h 45m Advanced
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
1. Your First Script
3. Built-In Unity Classes
Picking up coins4m 8s
5. Events and Delegates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.