Review Unity topics to get up to speed with level design. The concepts covered in this course can help prepare for the Unity Certified Developer exam.
- [Alan] Greetings and welcome to this comprehensive video course on Unity 3D level design. My name is Alan Thorn, and throughout this course we'll explore the fundamentals of how to build a functional level in Unity, complete with player mechanics and artificial intelligence. Specifically, we'll see how to assemble an extensive 3D environment with modular asset pieces that fit together like building blocks. We'll see how to light and optimize the scene ready for final production assets, how to plan and solve logistical and technical problems in a level, and how to create collectible objects that influence gameplay.
In addition, we'll create an intelligent enemy character that can move cleverly around the level, attempting to attack the player, and to make informed decisions about what to do. In short, we'll cover a wide range of critical topics that will help you develop competency at level design in Unity quickly and easily. Now, there's a lot to get through in this course, so let's get started.
The concepts covered in this course can help to prepare you for the Unity Certified Developer exam.
- Creating a Unity project
- Importing and configuring assets
- Modular level building
- Getting started with lighting
- Working with light probes and occlusion culling
- Creating timed behaviors
- Starting and completing a finite state machine