Unity developers use textures all the time. This course explains how textures work under the hood at the pixel level, so you can learn how optimize textures for 2D games.
- [Jesse] Hello, my name is Jesse Freeman, and in Unity 5 2D: Texture Rendering, we'll learn the basics of how the Texture2D class works. I'll start by teaching you how to create a Texture2D from an external file and display it on the screen. Then, we'll learn how to sample color data, and finally we'll create a simple way to draw and erase pixel data from the texture at runtime. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did making it. Now let's get started.
- Accessing Texture2D pixel data
- Using raw images
- Reading color data
- Detecting the position of a mouse
- Creating textures
- Drawing and erasing pixels
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Combat in an RPG Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Texture2D
2. Using Pixel Data
Creating a color picker4m 37s
3. Pixel Data in Texture2D
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.