Learn the basics of level design in Unity 5 2D, including building puzzles, monsters, collisions, gizmos, and enhanced menus.
- [Jesse] Hello, my name is Jesse Freeman and in Unity 5 2D: Level Design, we'll take a look at an existing came called Super Jetroid, which was created during my Unity 5 2D Building Adventure Game course and we'll focus solely on level design. The goal of the course is to teach the fundamentals of what makes a good level that not only challenges the player but also forces them to think creatively to solve problems in order to clear obstacles along the way. We'll learn about building tools to help us design our level, how to force the player to move through the level, and how to populate the level with obstacles such as doors, switches, push blocks, enemies and time limits.
When you complete this course, you'll not only have a better understanding of how level design works, but you'll also have all the tools you need to continue on with the game and make it your own. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did making it. Now let's get started.
- Importing assets
- Building a level
- Adding collisions and layers
- Populating the level
- Creating and triggering doors
- Creating switches and gizmos
- Adding different enemies
- Building a UI for an air meter timer