Learn how to build and implement narrative-driven games through a comprehensive narrative management system.
- Engaging narratives are essential to creating strong emotional investment between your games and your players. Games with the best stories are often the ones most fondly remembered and played over and over again. I'm Harrison Ferrone. I've developed video games for myself and for small independent start-ups. And in this course, I'll show you how to construct an event system using tested design patterns and best practices. I'll also give you the theoretical tools to inject great narratives into your story-driven games.
We're going to be covering the fundamentals of narrative game design. How to take text and images that are being used outside of Unity and effectively prepare them to be imported into your game. How to build a comprehensive 2-D animation system for your interface. And finally, how to put it all together into a reusable narrative event system. If you're ready, let's bring your story to digital life.
- Fostering engagement and an emotional investment
- Starting a project from scratch
- Importing the LitJSON library
- Using TexturePacker
- Creating the narrative event class
- Creating and finishing the JsonFactory
- Building a GUI animation system
- Writing and finishing the Panel Manager
- Adding player input and finishing touches