Complete your 2D RPG game with turn-based combat. Learn how to program, trigger, and manage battles on a tile-based map with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Jesse Freeman. And in Unity 5 2D Combat in an RPG Game, we're gonna build a foundation of a turn-based combat system. We'll start this project on top of prebuilt game screens, and a random map generator, to help speed up our development. Once our project is set up, we'll dive into creating a message window to tell the player about events that happen in the game. Next, we'll create a battle window that randomly decorates the landscape as it opens.
And finally, we'll connect up battle actions to create a simple combat loop, between the player and an enemy. When you're done, you'll tie it all together with a start screen, a fully working game, and a game over screen. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did making it. Now let's get started.
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message windows
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing the UI
2. Message Window
3. The Battle Window
4. Actor Classes
5. Battle Actions
6. Cleaning Up Combat
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.