Learn how to build an RPG game in Unity with player movement, "fog of war" style map reveals, and events triggered by motion.
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Jesse Freeman, and in Unity 5 2D: Movement in an RPG Game we'll learn the basics of movement on a 2D tile map. I'll start by teaching you how to create a player, and then we'll cover how to move the player across the map so that he animates from tile to tile. And finally, we'll add a fog of war effect that reveals the map as the player moves around to explore. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did making it. Now let's get started.
- Setting up the project
- Adding and repositioning the player in the map
- Listening to movement
- Moving the player
- Triggering events from movement
- Adding fog
- Tracking visited tiles
- Expanding the player's field of view
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Player
2. Moving the Player
3. Triggering Events from Movement
4. Fog of War
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.