Learn how to use, lay out, and customize Unity 5's new UI components to build simple screens for games.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jesse Freeman, and welcome to Unity 5: UI. In this course we'll look at how Unity's new UI system works. I'll start by showing you each of the different components. Then I'll cover how to use them, as well as how to customize them. And finally I'll cover how to use them in your own C# scripts. We'll be covering all these features and more, in order to give you a better look at how each component works inside of Unity 5's new UI. Now let's get started with Unity 5: UI.
- Adding new components to the Canvas
- Working with RectTransforms
- Nesting UI elements
- Adding rich text and effects to the UI
- Creating images
- Styling UI buttons
- Handling input
- Creating sliders
- Controlling the layout of the screen
- Adding toggles and dropdowns
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. The Canvas
2. Working with the RectTransform
3. Working with Text
4. Working with Images
5. Working with Buttons
6. Handling UI Input
7. Working with a Slider
8. Controlling Layout
9. Toggles, Dropdowns, and the Input Field
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.