Learn how to move characters and objects from point A to B with this introduction to pathfinding in Unity.
- Hi, I'm Jesse Freeman, and welcome to Unity 5 2D: Introduction to Pathfinding. In this course we'll look at how Pathfinding works. I'll start by explaining each of the different data structures needed to do Pathfinding. Then I'll cover how to connect them up so you can search for a path between two different points on a 2D map. And finally, I'll cover how to visualize your path. We'll be covering all these features in order to better understand the basic foundation of building Pathfinding algorithms.
Now let's get started with Unity 5 2D: Introduction to Pathfinding.
- What is A*?
- Adding node classes and properties
- Storing and indexing graph nodes
- Building the search class
- Traversing the nodes
- Searching adjacent nodes
- Testing the search
- Building a test map
- Creating and coloring a grid