Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Visibility manager, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] At present, our map shows us all the units…at the same time.…But we only want to see the ones…that are in range.…To do checks that compare visible ranges…to all opponent units can get costly.…So we'll need a way to reduce its hit…to performance as well.…So what I'm gonna do…is create a visibility manager.…So under Scripts in the HUD…I'm gonna right-click…create a new C# script…called Visibility Manager.…Now, Visibility Manager…is gonna need some changes in Map Blip.…
We need to be able to see the blip…and access it publicly…so that we can change it…and make it invisible or visible.…So let's go into Map Blip.…In Map Blip we have the private blip right now.…But since we need to make it enabled or disabled…through an external class,…we'll need to make it public.…However, if we make it public…that also means that a designer…coming in will see this listed in the inspector,…which means it's a field that looks like…they should be setting.…We don't want to give that illusion.…So instead I'm making a public property…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.