Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using rich text, part of Unity 5: UI.
- Now that we've imported a true type font…and we've set it's character set to be dynamic…we can use rich text on the text field.…Let's select our text component…and we will delete the second line of Hello World.…Here, you want to make sure that rich text…is checked off, so that it works.…Unity supports a very small subset…of rich text features.…The three most important ones,…color, bold, and italic.…
Let's take a look at how this works.…Just as you'd expect in html…you will need an <…Here we are going to do an open <i>…and then we will need a </i…Now our text is italic.…Likewise, we can add color to our text.…But here, the format is going to be a little bit different…than you would have in normal html.…We can start a <color…and set it to =…But instead of making it a string…you simply put the hex color…in it's place.…
In this case, we will use #ff0…and let's make a </c…and let's make a close color tag.…Now we are able to highlight…individual pieces of text…and make them yellow.…Finally, we can use a <b…to make World bold.…
- Adding new components to the Canvas
- Working with RectTransforms
- Nesting UI elements
- Adding rich text and effects to the UI
- Creating images
- Styling UI buttons
- Handling input
- Creating sliders
- Controlling the layout of the screen
- Adding toggles and dropdowns
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Canvas
2. Working with the RectTransform
3. Working with Text
4. Working with Images
5. Working with Buttons
6. Handling UI Input
7. Working with a Slider
8. Controlling Layout
9. Toggles, Dropdowns, and the Input Field
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.