Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Unity 5: Build a Character Dialogue System.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can follow along with me step by step. Inside the exercise files, you'll see that we have chapter folders, and in each chapter folder we have individual folders for each video. In each folder, you'll find two Unity projects corresponding to the start and the end of the video. A special note: I'm using Unity Version 5.5.0F3. Other versions of Unity may work, but if you want to follow along with me exactly, I suggest you head over to the Unity download archive and get Version 5.5.0.
Also, the graphic assets for the course are included for you to use. They are here in the Graphics Assets folder inside the exercise files.
- Fostering engagement and an emotional investment
- Starting a project from scratch
- Importing the LitJSON library
- Using TexturePacker
- Creating the narrative event class
- Creating and finishing the JsonFactory
- Building a GUI animation system
- Writing and finishing the Panel Manager
- Adding player input and finishing touches