Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] While we provide enough information that you could build this game from scratch, if you're a member of Lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files and resources used throughout this course. Once you've downloaded the files and unzipped them, you'll find folders for each chapter. And inside each chapter folder, you'll find numbered folders relating to the video you're watching. There's a separate folder for nearly all the videos. From Unity, you can choose to open a new project, and then, select the chapter folder and the video folder, and underneath there, you'll find Unity 3D RTS.
And, that is the project folder. In some videos, we'll be importing materials to expand our game. You can find those materials under the Download folder, in the folder called Resources. During the videos, I'll express which content to pull in, and it will relate to one of the six content folders under Resources. This will include models, textures, and pre-fabs. Now that you have access to all the necessary materials to build the game, we can get started on our own real time strategy game with Unity.
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.