Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Scripting Unity with C#.
- This course has exercise files containing Unity projects, assets, and code samples. The Unity project folder can be opened in Unity and the code snippets file contains the code I'll be adding throughout the course. We will also be using some assets that are included in the exercise files, but are available for free on the Unity asset store. You can open the asset store from Unity, by going to window, Asset store. The first package is sample assets beta for Unity 4.6.
Which was created by Unity Technology. You can find it by searching for sample assets 4.6. You can also find it by going to Unity Essentials sample projects. The second package is Stone Frog by Bag Idea Studio. You can find it by searching for Stone Frog.
Later in the course, I'll be showing you how to import these packages into your project, and get them set up to work with the exercise files.
- Defining classes and variables
- Attaching scripts to objects
- Understanding MonoBehaviour class
- Using the Unity Scripting API
- Importing assets
- Using a singleton pattern to manage game state
- Creating an event