- What is A*?
- Adding node classes and properties
- Storing and indexing graph nodes
- Building the search class
- Traversing the nodes
- Searching adjacent nodes
- Testing the search
- Building a test map
- Creating and coloring a grid
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Jesse Freeman, and welcome to Unity 5 2D: Introduction to Pathfinding. In this course we'll look at how Pathfinding works. I'll start by explaining each of the different data structures needed to do Pathfinding. Then I'll cover how to connect them up so you can search for a path between two different points on a 2D map. And finally, I'll cover how to visualize your path. We'll be covering all these features in order to better understand the basic foundation of building Pathfinding algorithms.
Now let's get started with Unity 5 2D: Introduction to Pathfinding.
1. Pathfinding Introduction
What is A*?58s
2. The Node Class
3. The Graph Class
4. The Search Class
5. Testing the Search
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.